- The layers of the rain forest:Emergent(tallest trees in the rain forest,closest to the sun)The Upper Canopy(just below the Emergent trees,sun light is still available so much food is in this layer and the animals rarely have to go to the forest floor)The Understory,lower canopy the trees are only 60 feet tall there is very little air movement so there are not a lot of animals bushes or trees.
- population:there are about 5-10 billion animals,plants,insects and species
- There are 2 types of forests: temperate or tropical
- an average of 50-60 inches of rain yearly
- they are forests of tall trees in a region of year round warmth